View Single Post
Old 09-20-22, 11:46 AM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
On My Day 5 of COVID-19

Today is 09/20/2022 and according to the local protocol it's DAY5 of my infection.

In theory, from the sounds of it, I can go back to work as soon as I get a negative PCR test . So I've already given my sample this morning. Results tomorrow.

All days since infection have had symptoms, mostly mild, including today.

I'm 63.

I did lose my sense of smell for the limited period of Sunday afternoon. On Sunday after disinfecting the bathroom I was consigned to in our house, making a project out of making it nice after a summer of neglect, I decided a bath sounded good. That's the first bath in many years. It was good, but the pine scented soap offered no scent. Then I checked the next day and I could smell it fine.

Instead of riding and work I've been doing some digital keyboard music composition, and yesterday I made some recordings. I'm a total hack. Well later I took a nap, and at some point I woke up and said toy myself hey I left the computer on and turned the thing off and lost all of the "work" I did. This is brain fog. I wouldn't normally do that. No big deal though, because despite the brain fog and the symptoms I can still play and do it over today.

That's just weird though. I disregarded the computer prompts to savey work. My bad. It's sort of makes me wonder if I could forget to torque bolts to spec while working now.

I'll have to be extra-methodical.

​​​​​​Next thing is working on a flat lander bike today and taking it for a solo spin on an empty short circuit . I haven't been on a bike since last Wednesday.