Old 05-24-21, 08:17 PM
kolt54321

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigbus
U look like you're in blimey England, old mate. You done good on the measurements. Now if it were me, I would want to move the seat up (cm at a time) and push it back. You might also have the nose of the seat angled down too much. Start with it perfectly level and then fine tune from there. If it's angling down at the nose you will be forced to lean more into your arms as the seat wants to push you forward. Racers might like that, most people like you and I don't. The way you're holding the drops tells me that you need to roll the handlebars forward/down or your wrists are going to take a beating in short order. When in the drops, it should feel as natural as shaking someones hand and still have a finger or two on the brake lever. That's a beautiful bike and it should fit you fine, it's just a matter of setting it up. I'm sure not everyone will agree with my opinions, but they're mine and I'm sticking to them (stiff upper lip and all) Good day,
Thanks! That's some good tips, I've forgotten that seats can be pushed back (I believe this one can but never tried - if not there are always others).

IIRC the seat is fairly level, I'm just sitting awkwardly due to the distance. Good not on the handlebars - how would that affect riding in the hoods? I prefer the hoods though since it is bare metal it feels... weird (could be I'm not used to it). I don't have a picture here yet, sadly, but would angling it down put pressure on my wrists while on the hood?

This is the seat - I reckon getting the bolt off would allow the seat to go back, never had tried. Is that common or are saddles generally static in horizontal placement?