Old 05-09-21, 07:55 AM
InvertedMP 

Bikes: 2021 Scott Addict RC 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 104 Posts
Still searching for a comfortable wide cycling shoe

So at the moment my Lake CX238s are pretty comfortable, but I have bought several cycling shoes that I wanted to like, wanted to work, and they just didn't. I have wide feet and high arches so insoles and a wide shoe is required. I have a bit of an obsession with cycling shoes (and bikes but that is another story) so I have bought several. At the moment, I have the 238s, Lake CX403, Bont Helix, and the latest model Shimano RC902s. I really wanted the Shimanos to work, and even in wide seem so freaking narrow, it almost blows my mind at the idea of how narrow their regular shoe is. I don't have super wide feet, just wide. I could never mold the 403s to fit my feet right unfortunately, and ironically, those are 42.5 and my feet feel more confined in there than my size 42 238s. The Boat Helix is ok, but honestly it isn't a very comfortable leisure riding shoes, and feels more like a no comfort race shoe.
I can live with thee Bont Helix but I do get hot spots on the outside of my feet even after molding. The search continues for the perfect shoe and insole combo. I have been fitted twice so it isn't a fitting issue.

Is there a premium wide cycling shoe that I haven't tried, that I should?