rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2584 Post(s)
Liked 5,642 Times in 2,922 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
wtf are you talking about? I spent the last five years in a place with nasty winters (much snow and cold weather) and averaged >6600 miles each year. And anyone who follows a few Zwift and Peloton riders knows that those systems significantly exaggerate speed and distance for any ride -- which may be Bob Ross 's point.
You are absolutely right. I was out of line.

I get the feeling of moral superiority from many people who solely ride outdoors whom have never experienced modern interactive trainers and how demanding they can be. I ride outside as much as possible but can state that many of the trainer ‘miles’ I do (whether they are accurate distance-wise or not) are far more difficult and draining than many outdoor rides. The trainer workouts help with fitness, endurance and aerobic capacity and actually enhance outdoor miles. If both help accomplish the same end; fitness, health and quality of life, I don’t see the superiority of one over the other, other than esthetics. Again for the record, I do prefer riding outdoors. Whereas I didn’t do as many miles as you, hitting an exceeding my goal is good enough for me. But then this thread is about, “mine is bigger than yours”, so yours is bigger. Now ask me if I really care if anyone’s is bigger than me reaching my own goal. Of course you are more than entitled to your opinion about relative distances. To me, it is an argument about nothing of any real consequence. If it is consequential to you, then great. Have a nice evening.