Old 05-17-21, 07:34 PM
bigevil

Bikes: Aethos + Checkpoint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
Buying a frameset and doing your own custom build would be fun, but given current availability of parts this might be a nightmare, and would likely end up costing a lot more. My next preferred option would be to buy the comp version, and a new di2/etap groupset and just sell off the Rivals stuff. This would at least ensure you've got the bar, stem, post, saddle, etc.

fwiw this is my exact thinking atm. grab the comp, and when new di2 launches upgrade everything to that. in the meantime upgrade the stem, saddle, bars, to s-works spec (or some dope enve/zipp stuff), add a power meter, and use my current wheels (Aeolus Pro 37) which would fly over the comp ones. (long as no one thinks those are crap wheels for the aethos)

seems better then building from scratch but only bummer is the comp has a teal fork and not white but then again that's just me being picky. maybe could swap the fork down the line....

I do think if spending $5k, scratch that, even $3k on a bike and higher you should love the color.

thank dear lord for my wallet that the S-works colors really suck on the aethos!