Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Do what you're going to do, Sir Dripsalot. You've made it pretty clear that the suggestions and advice from the BF collective aren't something you're really interested in listening to.

However, I'm kind of bored, so...

If I was trying to fit you better on this bike, I would suggest a much longer stem - 110, possibly 130, maybe even longer. Your cramped position with the short stem is not conducive to being athletic on the bike, and this is confirmed by the video. You look rigid.
I agree with you. I will experiment with a few different stems and see how it feels.

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
That bike is too small by a couple of sizes. A longer stem probably won't be enough to save it. That saddle set up isn't going to work if you start riding more than a couple of miles at a time. Sorry....
by too small you mean the top tube length, right? Because based on standover clearance (not a definitive answer to frame size..) the bike is basically a bit too big. I would also prefer a shorter seatube for more exposed seat post.

I've ridden this bike for hours at a time, all the time without any significant fatigue. By the saddle setup, do you mean the angle of the nose? Its perhaps angled up a bit too much, but it's very comfortable for me.

So you think that not even the longest stem available would make up for the length of the top tube? Most bikes in this size i haven't seen go longer than 600mm. This one is 580.

What do you guys think of the crank arm size and the way im pedalling?