Old 04-25-22, 07:39 AM
Gym123456

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spencertimm
Hi all -

I’m seriously getting back into cycling after being on a mountain bike for a year and a half or so. I have a 58 cm Giant TCR with an 80 cm 6 degree (down) stem. I noticed today that, on one of my longer rides, my hands began to go numb. While on the ride I tried scooting the seat back and that didn’t help much plus it increased my reach uncomfortably. So, here are a few ideas I have to fix this:
Since I screwed up my knee last June, I haven't been able to ride much, so my core strength isn't good. Over the Winter, which is another reason I didn't ride, I cleaned & lubed my Giant MTB, changed the crankset because the OEM was worn and put the handlebar from my other bike on because I had converted it ('84 Trek 400) to hybrid. I had bar ends on it and they went back on after changing the grip shifters, along with paddle grips.

My hands would become numb before I was able to change my hand position and on my first ride this year, they were fine. I have some Arthritis in my right wrist, so I need to make sure to not crush it too badly.