Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2136 Post(s)
Liked 1,649 Times in 830 Posts
Originally Posted by homeless in ca.
Ok let me try. More pedestrians are killed than cyclists because pedestrians are more numerous. Crossing the street is not nearly as dangerous as riding a bicycle on a busy street with trucks parked in the bike lane. You and I are both able to ride our bikes around trucks. But I am also able to politely reprimand bad drivers. Without using bad language or making offensive generalizations about younger generations as you have done.

Because your question was rhetorical I chose instead to dismiss your false premise that illegal parking is excusable under any circumstance and its absurd conclusion that the lives of irresponsible drivers must be preserved at all costs.

You are approaching the issue from the autosupremacist pov that the driver of the biggest vehicle is the most important person on the road. That is not the case. The delivery drivers bringing boxes of office supplies to the CBD are not nearly as essential as the professionals who work there and ride bikes or park their motor vehicles responsibly and walk like the rest of us..

Bad drivers who don't want to park their trucks responsibly and in your imagination can't cross the street without getting hit by another bad driver can be replaced. They are not essential

That's a fair enough answer. I don't agree with your assessment, but I appreciate you giving it a go. My POV is not an auto-centric one. It's one of practicality. What makes the best sense in the overall scheme of things? That's the question I ask. It steps outside of the "me first" mindset.

What makes you believe a bicyclist can't go move into another lane of travel without getting hit?