Old 03-01-21, 11:13 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
Mazda has a get noticed red, Soul Red Crystal or something like that. Just saw a vehicle that color yesterday.

I won't be using that on my car, but I am going to have to get it repainted, unfortunately, may have to take it down to primer complete. It is white and the paint is sheet peeling- the best way I can describe it.
And its not a GM vehicle. My guess primed on a Friday, color on a Monday.
Soul Red has been on my radar for a bit now. Gorgeous red that they keep making better. Had an older '98 Protege that ran flawlessly for 10 years a while ago--that got me on the Mazda train. Planned on snagging a (preferably) Soul Red 2014+ Mazda 6 GT (with the 6-speed manual), and even got close to doing so, but was let down by the road noise and deteriorating power seat motor (baffling!). Crushing, let me tell you. I've loved those cars since they came out in 2014. Maybe I was a fool and maybe I should have snagged one, taken the door cards off and plastered the inside of the sheet metal with sound-deadening material. Then driven it for a million miles. Alas, an '04+ facelifted LS430 is my beloved four-wheeled conveyance (all black ) and is very quick, very quiet, still efficient, roomy, and proven to run 300k easy (which is my plan). I can always get a manual trans car/truck in the future!