View Single Post
Old 03-02-21, 04:34 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,898 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
RX100 was manufactured for the 1990-1999 model years. I don't recall it being offered in white, other than the white nylon covers for the headset cups. Circa 1988-1989, Sport LX was offered with white outer parallelogram arms on the derailleurs and white covers for the shift levers.
I've seen some white RX100 parts on Ebay, looking to put together a complete A551 RX100 group for my old Cannondale that I'm restoring, but the video I saw was a complete groupset in white - cranks (but not rings), derailleurs (parts of them), brakes (the front arm, the rear looked gray like 105), hubs (I think). It makes for a very interesting look, built up into a bike. It was 7 speed/DT shifters, so it might have been early in the run. Most of what I've seen is silver, whether it's 7 or 8 speed, DT or STI.

I imagine in use it was a pain to keep clean - especially the hoods - but it's a nice look.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles