View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 12:16 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I have yet to catch a cable on something, but sure I could see that being a concern.
My comment about bar bags was moreso directed at gravel where aero design elements are all the rage. I just find it funny that something is advertised as aero and then a bag is hung from the front or a race number is hung from the front and all claimed benefits are totally gone. With that said, I have seen bar bags on aero road bikes too...I am guessing they are used when someone is riding with friends on a weekend bar ride or something like that?

Smartphones are more complex than an old Nokia, but they also provide significant measurable benefits that have shown to be wanted by almost all users. Integrated cables just look neat. Thats it. If that is whats most important, then cool get the bike with integrated cables, but as of now there are not significant measurable benefits to having integrated cables.
I catch my cable on my city bike almost every time I put it back into its stand in my buildings bike room. Because everything is so tight and the handlebars so wide (of all the surrounding bikes). Massively annoying. Right, so it is an exception when this is done and that means the entire concept is silly?

Wanted or thrust upon us? What about electric cars? Certainly heavily advertised but given today's electric grid in many countries, they don't make that much sense. Also, they are far more expensive than normal cars. These things happen all the time.

Keep your cables showing. I gladly ride my clean looking integrated bike.