just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,388 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
<snip>
While we're at it, here's another tangent for a potentially constructive discussion about cannabis:
  1. Does THC and cannabis containing a significant amount of THC produce psychoactive effects?
  2. How do we know this?
I've used some 10mg CBD/1mg THC under the tongue, no discernible effects at all from either substance. Of course this stuff in not assayed. None of it.

Those of us who came of age in the 60s have a good sense of what a psychoactive effect is. I wouldn't know about the rest of you.

Of course my experience is not a study and everyone's different. It would take a number of large double-blind studies with known substances to be able to say anything more definite. Even one study is not useful. Studies must be repeatable for different researchers to be valid.

Meanwhile, experiment all you want. Personal experimentation won't do any harm (except to your wallet) as long as one proceeds cautiously. Don't be like one rather famous NYT reporter and eat a whole 10-hit candy in a couple hours. She did not pass her mental stability test. No wonder her writing is so bad.