View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 07:49 PM
twolve

Bikes: 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp, 2012 Goodrich Randoneuse, 2016 A-Train, 2022 Wilde Dream Engine, 2022 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 36 Posts
I’ll have to take some pictures in the daylight, but here are a few closer up photos.

I took of the fenders (what’s rain in a Sacramento Summer?). Seller didn’t have the original parts. I believe this was sold as a frames set only. I’d guess the Sugino AT crank and Superbe brakes might be original.

There was a 26.8 seat post and the clamp was way over tightenend to compensate for being the wrong size. At least it wasn’t stuck, however, and no drewing or cutting in the single speed conversion.

I got help in the identification from this poster
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbridg...7673422020365/

Some details that pointed us in believing it’s a Konno included the fast back seatstays, the early graphics, stamped 58 (size) instead of a serial number, long pointy lugs. Looks like it will fit 32s without fenders. Strange that there are water bottle bosses on the bottom of the frame but none on the seat tube.

One of these was posted on the SF craigslist just a few weeks ago and I started reading about the Konno Sequoia. What are the odds one would pop up in Sacramento? Lucky, lucky me.