Old 01-18-21, 01:57 PM
ParamountScapin 

Bikes: '87 Paramount & '02 Scapin EOS3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by embankmentlb
Not a fan of these retro styled new bikes. They fail to have the quality and workmanship expected in an old machine. Often they don’t have the features one would expect on a nice new bike. I poor compromise at best. The worst of both worlds.
Just my opinion.
Just wonder how you know this? Looks great and nothing better than lugged steel. Unless you have first-hand knowledge that it is not a high quality build. You'll pay at least that for a lugged frameset build from one of the bespoke folks so don't know why anyone would expect Bianchi to cost any less. If I were in the market for a new bike it would be one of the first I would look at, assuming it is being built in Italy.

Originally Posted by sced
Maybe people buying today's new Bianchis don't really know what they are buying into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bianchi_(company)
Could not get this to open, but this is Bianchi's 125th anniversary year and it is the world's oldest bicycle building company.
From the Bianchi website:

Bianchi Today

Since May 1997 F.I.V. Edoardo Bianchi is part of Cycleurope A.B. group, the Swedish company of the Grimaldi group, known as the worldwide most important holding in the cycling sector.

The brands of the Bianchi group (Bianchi, Legnano, Puch and Chiorda) have met those of Cycleurope (Monark, Crescent, DBS, Kildemoes, Everton, Micmo, Gitane) to constitute a unique network in the two-wheel market.

Today Cycleurope can implement the most advanced operative synergies involving prestigious European companies, amongst which Bianchi represents the flagship brand.The strategic investments of the group aim at two outstanding targets: the development of a highly-advanced product and the establishment of Bianchi brand on international markets.

Last edited by ParamountScapin; 01-18-21 at 02:04 PM.