Old 06-03-21, 09:16 AM
fettsvenska 

Bikes: 1978 Raleigh Competition-1974 Raleigh Folder-1983 Austro Daimler-198? Fuji Monterey-Surly LHT-Surly Karate Monkey-Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
I can no longer use eBay because they permanently disabled my account. Evidently, I committed some offense to get my account suspended. What that offense was, I have no idea, but I can no longer buy and sell on eBay anymore. I tried contacting eBay to get a better understanding of what I did to get suspended but they would not discuss the matter with me. The only method for contacting eBay is through the online chat and the representative that I conversed with just told me that the decision was final and that they were unwilling to provide any other information. It's not a big loss for me as I've only purchased 2-3 items through eBay over the last year and I haven't sold anything in 4 or 5 years.

I've always hated the star rating system on eBay. Both buyers and sellers rely on this rating systems that, in my opinion, is completely riddled with the opportunity for gaming, dishonesty and fraud. I never had much of a problem with it because my personal volume of activity was so low that it didn't really matter. However, it seems like all it takes is a single buyer to be dissatisfied and give a seller a 1-star review and then that seller will suffer the consequences for quite some time. I sell more items on my local CL and from that experience I can definitely say that the customer is NOT always right. However, it seems that whenever there is a dispute with an eBay transaction that the default position from eBay is that the customer is right and there is no recourse for the seller to even begin to plead his/her case.