View Single Post
Old 09-01-21, 03:21 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Exciting stuff. But, until I can score a new groupset, I'm just going to sit over here and eat popcorn while the luddites bemoan that they don't want electronic shifting or disc brakes, and then tell us their 20-year old frames can't run this stuff...giggling my ass off because if they had bothered to buy even one new bike or a groupset in the last 10, or even 5, years with mechanical shifting and rim brakes they could have voted their preference for these things. Let's face it Shimano (and other component manufacturers) care about what they are selling, not what we are riding...and if you aren't buying, you aren't voting. But, guess what, guys like me who have bought 3 bikes and 2 new groupsets in the last 4 years did vote, and Shimano heard us, because...well, you get the idea.

Electronic shifting, disc brakes, 12-speed...none of that was foisted on us, it is because those of us who bought stuff in the last few years sent clear signals through our purchasing that we wanted those things. If you weren't buying, sure, you feel like it was forced on you, but don't get mad at Shimano, get mad at me.

Last edited by Badger6; 09-01-21 at 03:59 AM.