View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 08:08 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22609 Post(s)
Liked 8,933 Times in 4,164 Posts
Saturday's 101 miler was most excellent, but we did get angrily buzzed by a pickup/service truck. We got the company name and I penned this letter, which I think was very diplomatic given the French Shower move by the driver....I am not sure we will get a response but at least I feel like I did something to address this. See cut/paste below:

​​​​​​Hello,

I am writing on behalf of myself and seven other bicycle riders who had a very close call with one of your trucks. The incident took place on Cathill Road heading South towards County Line Road at approximately 11:45AM on Saturday August 13th. My group and I were riding as close to the right side of the lane as possible. We were passed by, and nearly hit by, one of your service trucks. The passing vehicle came within about 1 foot (or less) of striking us, and was very distressing to my group.

I understand that the driver was likely in a hurry and frustrated to have to wait to pass my group, but it's important that we share the road, and also there is a four-foot passing law in Pennsylvania which requires any passing vehicle to give 4 feet of clearance to a cyclist.

I am not asking your company to punish the driver who did this, but please remind him/her, and all your drivers, to please be patient with cyclists and pass us in a safe manner. We all need to get along and share the road.

datlas
Likes For datlas: