Old 12-05-22, 05:59 PM
streetsurfer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 155 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I’m your height and age, but run lighter. Maybe 1/2” shorter. I measured three other bikes of mine and all have the seat post 26” from the straightbars on mtb/trail bikes, and also 26” seat post to the top crosses of the drops on a Le Tour. The LeTour brakes are not as far forward of the crosses, as compared to the moustache bar of my xoxo.
I like the moustache bar, and would more if I were to move levers, but it would still be a reach for me. By measuring today I realized I am in a
four inch longer lean/stretch riding this bike, compared to most of or the rest of my remuda.

I grabbed an inexpensive senqui bar to
experiment. I will use my shortest SR first. I think it is 60mm. Then my arrangements allow for going farther in reach, in maybe 20 mm increments, or so.

It’ll be a couple days yet, until I am able to manage this. And there won’t be any riding yet, but I will be measuring and aligning things based on my other proven acceptable bike positions across the others.

It seems to me I’ll find a good fit by bringing my brake hood hand position back by 2.5-3.5 inches. This bar itself brings me an inch or so closer. The longer stems are out I think. Likely to be using the 60mm.

Last edited by streetsurfer; 12-05-22 at 06:06 PM.
Likes For streetsurfer: