Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3130 Post(s)
Liked 2,111 Times in 1,374 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
I think it looks like a really neat little commuter. It goes head to head with a bunch of alloy hybrids like the Giant Escape, and will be heavier but with a much nicer ride and better carrying capability. Simplified QR dropouts, and, for Surly, minimal braze-on/mounting points. People will see it as a Bridge Club with less tire clearance, but if the M-XL frames have room for 700x35c and 650x47b tires, it looks like it would make a great commuter/ATB. I'm keen on it, I kind of want one.

But does anyone know about budget CUES? All I can find with Google is an ebike specific Di2 groupset/components. The drivetrain and brakes are a new type of budget analog/acoustic version of the ebike CUES?
I don't know anything but I surmise it's an Acera-like 1x setup to compete with Microshift who have been eating into their Altus-Acera-Alivio share lately with Advent and Acolyte. The flat bar is a 9 speed and the drop is a ten and cable brakes. I thought Shimano's only current cable disc caliper was Tourney level. I would not hold my breath for anything clever but can hope. It's a rapid fire shifter pod and not an EZ Fire

The U thing in the component names is reminiscent of Metrea which looked so cool but it was not even marketed here in the States
Genesis 49:16-17

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 02-06-23 at 06:54 PM.