View Single Post
Old 09-06-16, 09:02 PM
CoRide59

Bikes: 1992 De Rosa SLX, 1992 Specialized Epic, Late 60's Bottecchia Proffessional, 1998 Stumpjumper M2, 1992 Stumpjumper M2 (in a box)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been pretty busy lately.

First I built up this Stumpjumper M2 based hybrid/city bike. I wanted something to ride when out with my wife (who follows the pedal pedal coast riding plan). I'm not sure its what I want, I'm thinking a more traditional setup would be nicer but I had a bunch of mountain bike stuff around and got a good deal on the frame so here it is. It rides nice but a little harsh (no big surprise there, it is after all an M2) and is pretty fast, but I'm thinking something old and English would be nice.

Just as I was finishing the Stumjpjumper, this came into my life. I wasn't really looking for a De Rosa but I have wanted one for a really long time. This came up at a decent price, and I had some spare bicycle cash, so I went for it. Probably the best impulse purchase I've ever made.

As received.

And after a few changes and adjustments. Saddle, bars, stem, have been changed and later this week the seat post will be too. All just to things I prefer and need for a better fit.

Next up will be rebuilding my old Bottecchia. I've been doing some cleanup and polishing and am thinking about some paint touch-up. I haven't been able to decide if I should or not. I'll be riding it, but not all that much, and I'm thinking I might just leave it as is. I've had this bike since 1973 and from then until the early 90's it was my main (often only) bike. Lots of miles and lots of fun and it is as it was so I'm considering just leaving it alone.

I have a box of Nuovo Record stuff for it, and some rims waiting to be turned into wheels. This will be my winter project, along with a full disassemble clean and lube of the De Rosa.