Old 02-21-09, 11:16 PM
Bioflamingo
Bike Collector

Bikes: 1983 Trek 560

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Normally my rides aren't all that long or interesting, but tonight was a little different. I decided to take my diamond back from my house to walmart to get some some stuff. Normally I drive, but there's too much traffic on Saturdays. It's a fairly easy 7 miles there and 7 miles back. The only problem is that the sidewalks are horrid and around here people like to scream obscene stuff at cyclists for some reason. That, plus the fact that it was 31 degrees Fahrenheit when I left, and the wind made it a little closer to feeling like 20. My coat was in the washer so all I had was a jacket. Anyway, after tolerating annoying people and the cold I finally got my groceries and went by Taco Bell on the way home. When I went in I had several people asking me why I was riding when it was cold and windy, and why I was eating fast food. Evidently they thought I should be eating some strict diet and only riding when the weather was absolutely perfect. I just told them 'because I feel like it', ate my food, and went home.

Then, despite it being completely dark outside with the temperature rapidly falling, I decided to take a quick test ride on my raleigh grand prix. After about a mile I thought I should turn around and head back, but I decided to keep going. After going another 5 miles my front tube blew out. I put in my spare and walked it to a nearby gas station to air it up. Then I rode it another mile or so down the road when the chain decided to break. So I had my friend come get me. I didn't realize how cold it was while riding, but just standing there about froze me.

Anyway, it was a rather interesting night. It wasn't all that good, but like I say, it was interesting. But now I'm worn out and cold, so I'm going to sleep.