Old 09-13-22, 06:10 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4476 Post(s)
Liked 4,949 Times in 3,059 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
Sigh!
Bike shops and manufacturers know NOTHING about bike geometry either, yet someone is here shilling for them none the less.
Sigh.

I've been trying (and succeeding up to now) to NOT offer my own advice on this, yet here I go.
The cranks you are using, and have been specified for the bike, are too long for you. You have long legs so long cranks seem right, yet your short femurs and long cranks have led directly to the steep seat tube angle to be specified in order to find KOPS.

There is not a bike shop or bike manufacturer in the World that would not have made the same mistake.
If shorter cranks were specified and fitted ( I don't know off the top of my head. Maybe 165mm) then the seat tube angle required for KOPS would be more like 73 degrees.
The fact that such a steep seat tube angle was specified to find KOPS is an absolute alarm bell that something was amiss, but no one was going to see this.
Any mention of KOPS at all would be an immediate alarm bell for me. As would a 76 degree STA on a touring road bike.
Likes For PeteHski: