Old 07-09-21, 08:06 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4410 Post(s)
Liked 4,053 Times in 2,703 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
I cant handle swept back the bike came with them and it was an instant dislike. a few weeks ago when I did 250 miles in a week I had textured silicone grips. my hands felt like I was gripping sandpaper. I had to buy new smooth grips. I just found these while searching for your recommendations. they might be the way to go
https://www.amazon.com/UPANBIKE-Butt...710301&sr=8-27

the bike came with intuvua and I got a good deal on the old Nyon. works pretty well though bosch needs to improve navigation it sucks. but tis g=cool to to see how many watts of power the motor is using per mile. the watt meter only works for what I am putting out since the motor is in front. I have the new Nyon on my commuter. I have worked out the bluetooth bugs.
Might be the length of stem. You have a steerer tube extender so being more upright seems to be the thing you are looking for so maybe a touch longer stem or a differently swept back bar (some are pretty extreme and highly uncomfortable).

The new Nyon is awesome, maybe not perfect on the navigation but really nice to have and certainly not terrible but I might do things differently if I had ability to code and such and worked for Bosch. I haven't really played with the old Nyon much but remember seeing videos and reading up on it and wanting it bad but so glad they improved it and released it in the U.S.

What I really hope for is more integration with say Garmin Varia radar stuff and maybe some ability to control my telular cellephone (really just the music contained on it but don't really need it). Or I would take a Bosch radar system that does the same thing.