Old 05-03-17, 05:58 PM
TenSpeedV2

Bikes: Felt TK2, Felt Z5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I have no idea how tall you are but riding a frame that you have to "half sit on the top tube" indicates a frame that is far too large for you. The problem isn't just standover...which is far more important than most people believe...but the other proportions on the bike are wrong as well. That leads to discomfort for the rider and, eventually, to the rider not wanting to ride anymore.

I've fought the fight of finding the right frame for a small woman (my wife) for most of my life and a very large part of the battle has been trying to convince her that the 23" Sears "normal" sized frame that she grew up on was not the right size. Once she found the properly sized bike...after 30+ years of searching...she suddenly found riding to be much more enjoyable.
I think that you took what I said slightly off. I have plenty of stand over room waiting at a light. What I tend to do is half crouch and rest the butt on the top tube, staying clipped in on the right side. I can stand there, or just kind of half sit if it is a longer light. The bike fits me like a glove and I have it dialed in perfectly. I am 6'0" and it is a 58cm track bike with a 90mm stem. I am all torso with short short legs.

2017 - 482 miles so far this year
2016 - 3246 miles on it.
2015 - 2910 miles on it.