Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
I got a call back from my GP today and will have a follow up Thursday to discuss the findings from my Holter monitor. I'm guessing that due to the lack of urgency that my GP is not overly worried or he is not worried enough. I suspect it may be the former and not the latter.

But going back to the magnesium, I have been taking 420mg daily for about a week. Within three days, I quit having dizziness. In the last two days I've had no chest pain. I have not been running the distances I was when I was experiencing problems, but I've been running at a faster pace and I ran this morning. This could all be psychosomatic, but I do feel better when running than I had previously. My ride Sunday however, while not particularly physically hard, was unenjoyable. In fact I have not been able to get into a ride since early August when I had COVID.
Well, yeah. It never gets easier, you just go slower? How old are you? IME the only way to get fit on the bike as one ages is to have a well thought-out program and just stick to it. The occasional ride is usually a bummer. I think it takes at least 4 rides/week for quite a while. Start at an easy pace about every other day and gradually increase the pace over time. OTOH, if you'd rather run, do that. Different muscles, different range of motion. Also, Covid can be a factor. There seem to be more long Covid cases than are reported in the literature and they vary a lot in what's affected and how badly.

Cardiologists seem to be very busy, too. I have life or death thing and couldn't be seen for 2 weeks. How it is. I'm just being a little more careful. While I'm not looking forward to it, people die all the time.