Old 10-31-22, 02:11 PM
Bacciagalupe
Professional Fuss-Budget

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Inspired by a recent posting of a cyclist getting rid of a carbon fork because it was "old," I decided to resurrect this thread. Plus it's Halloween so a Zombie post is possibly appopriate.
Good grief, how did you even find this thread? Or do I not want to know?

I have occasionally heard people say that their fork should be replaced periodically. One of my friends rides a Lynskey and he swears they told him to replace the fork every 4-5 years.
I've... never heard anyone say that, and can't imagine a manufacturer saying that. Personally, I wouldn't drop 2 large on a frame with a disposable fork. Or perhaps I should say, I wouldn't drop 2 large on a frame where the manufacturer has so little confidence in its own fork that they recommended a full replacement every 5 years....

I suspect that a well designed CF fork should last indefinitely unless it's crashed or damaged.
Pretty much.

While the term "Retro Grouch" has slowly come to the surface of my addled brain, I find it hard to imagine that serious cyclists today have any concerns about CF... or road disc brakes... or hydraulic brakes... or electronic shifting, or any of the other innovations that stuck despite the moral panics over the impending doom of using them.
Likes For Bacciagalupe: