View Single Post
Old 04-05-22, 07:11 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1392:

Another windy day. I think we've had one day with the wind below 20 mph in the last three weeks. This morning after I woke and laid in bed I could hear the wind howling. Knowing it was going to be a headwind, I sat there dreading the commute.

Temp wasn't too bad at 44°F. Wind was a constant 25 mph with gusts much higher. Knowing I would be fighting it for eight miles I thought it might be a little chilly so I dressed for about 20°F. Turns out I was a bit warm. The wind was out of the south which is less bitter than when it's out of the north. By halfway to the office I had sweat rolling down my glasses. Oops.

It rained during the night, but stopped right before I left the house. I took the hybrid bike with fenders due to the wet roads. Twenty minutes later the pavement was completely dry due to the wind. It's supposed to start raining again this afternoon so I should have a wet ride home. The wind is also supposed to shift which means I'll have a crosswind instead of a tail wind.

Last edited by Tundra_Man; 04-05-22 at 02:36 PM.