View Single Post
Old 04-13-22, 07:36 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1398:

The wind still continues to howl. The forecast I saw this morning said "unrelenting winds into the foreseeable future." I believe I've counted two days in the last month where the winds were less than 20 mph. Yuck.

Yesterday we had various severe storms throughout the day, complete with lightning and hail. Thankfully none of them managed to happen while I was riding. When I left the house in the morning one had just finished up. Another came through while I was waiting in line to vote, but had passed by the time I left the polling place. Another happened while I was at our office, but cleared up in time for me to ride across town to the client. Some more sprinkles happened during the afternoon, but my ride home was dry. A few minutes after I got home the skies unleashed again. I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Temp was 27°F this morning. I had to ride straight into the 30 mph wind to get to the client's office. Gave me quite the ice cream headache. Winds aren't projected to shift and the temps are suppose to top out near 40°F so I should have a pretty easy ride home.