Old 08-02-22, 02:39 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Continental makes GP 5000's in a 584 BSD or the lower cost Ultra Sport III. Other tire makers have plenty of 650B or 27.5" tires too that are good for the road. If you can find the ETRTO on the rim, then the small number will be your internal rim width and then you'll be able to better figure out how narrow a tire you don't want to buy. But I think your rims are probably good for anything down to 28mm or maybe even 25mm width. Finding that ETRTO will also insure what you have is a 584 BSD wheel. ETRTO should also be on your tires too and that will also confirm your wheel BSD.

Not sure why you want to get 700C wheels and go through all the hassles of trying to figure out what will and won't work along with the inevitable gotcha that will stop you cold for a while when you finally do try to make the swap.

I wouldn't change wheels until you have tried a 650B (584 BSD) road tire on your bike and have determined a better reason to change. Like perhaps you have great power in your legs and find yourself in the big front and tiny gear on the rear and are still spinning out your cadence wanting more speed while on fairly level terrain.. <grin>

Welcome to BF... we don't always give the answer you might be asking for.

Last edited by Iride01; 08-02-22 at 02:42 PM.