View Single Post
Old 08-24-22, 05:41 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageRide
Sneaking in another image of the Fuji S12S, might inspire someone to convert one of these as it will take 42mm with fenders and enough room to spare. I might have it stripped down and have canti as well as rack mounts brazed in place but the bike is fine as is though a nice paint job and new decals would be welcome it is a pleasant daily rider.

I disabled the Campy ergo shifters and went with traditional down tube mounted Suntour Power Shift and looking into a pair of Origin8 brake levers.

That looks every bit as nice as the Trek "Frek" bike, very well suited to the 650B conversion. Nice job! I need to get started on my Motobecane Grand Tourer 650B project soon: Gold frame with black accents, black V.O. Zeppelin fenders, black SOMA Oxford handlebar (mounted upside-down, natch), black Brooks Professional saddle, and black drillium V.O. double crankset. Not sure about the rest of the drivetrain yet, or the grips, so TBD. When it built itself in my mind it looked stunning! I hope the reality lives up to the vision.

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!