Old 05-02-17, 07:32 AM
freesafety22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
hi r,

thanks so much. i really can't believe i haven't educated myself about this earlier. very helpful info.

some quick basic questions please and then i'll link that image (thanks for the heads up).

i have 9 cogs in the cassette and obviously 2 chain rings. how do i know to call it a ten or eleven speed?
also, what does the "B" stand for on the chainring/crank? is this a shimano designation?

so given i don't have the compact chainring (actually curious as to what the smaller diameter (?) chainrings would do for me...) - i think i do need more help on the hills. i mean, i tend to be a masher and ride by myself. but i've noticed having help on the hills with this bike would be good. also, i do see the guys doing high cadences and i've gotten curious lately about this but it is probably another post.

am i looking for this cassette assuming i am not too worried about closely spaced gearing? i mean i LIKE having the ability to finely tune a ride when i am mashing up a hill or standing in the pedals but i think i would like more the ability to get out into some hills again (assuming i can stay with the routine and get acclimated to the weather again).

besides i can always switch back to a new version of what i have now (the 12 - 25 i think - with no B i guess?.

HG500[/B], the same as a 11-28

THANK YOU