View Single Post
Old 11-29-17, 03:28 PM
nickw

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
Here is a tentative list of components I am thinking about (I haven't purchased anything but the frame yet, and unless something is on sale, probably won't even buy any major part until 2018):

Feel free to suggest better alternatives:
1. Ritchey Venturemax bars

2. Headset, etc, to simultaneously accommodate current fork and future suspension fork (ZS44 ,EC44 39.6m crown race on the suspension fork, "conversion" crown race on the rigid fork)

3. Brakes: TRP - Hylex (true) Hydraulic Drop Bar Disc Brake (not brifters).

4. Shifters: SLX-level non-integrated mtb 2X11 (if I can figure out how to mount them).

5. Drivetrain: SLX 2X11 boost (26/36T crank, 11-40T cassette) and SLX derailleurs, as pictured in linked vendor's facebook page, eg:

6. Wheels: 27.5+ with 2.8 or 3.0 tires. (still need to determine, but probably aluminum rims, decent hubs, quality build, lots of spokes - 32 or 36?)

7. Post and saddle: conventional post and saddle that came with my 2007 Fuel EX7, or possibly one of them Brooks B17s with springs
Bonus points if you can somehow manage to keep right-wing reactionary political drivel out of it.
If you wanna run MTB der w/drop bars this is probably the best solution out there now...which uses TRP hydro drop bar brake levers:

https://www.gevenalle.com/product/gx/