Old 10-02-21, 04:37 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
So I went ahead an pulled the bearings and BB, no marring or anything to indicate that a possible frame issue on the bearing, BB cups, or BB Shell. I did notice the bearing cover seemed like it was loose though and since the dust covers basically just sit on the outside and don't seat inside the bearing center like some do, they seem sort of useless. It's been very dry here lately and lots of sand and dirt on the road, so I could see some getting inside the bearing and stuck to the grease, so that could be the culprit here. On my way to pick up my dog from the vet, I stopped by my LBS to chat with one of the mechanics that I trust. After talking with him and some of his like experiences with Praxis, I went ahead and ordered a BBInfinite BB to replace the Praxis.

And because my wife and I have no plans to leave any money to our kids when we die; we paid for their college and they are debt free from that, your welcome; I decided to order some of their pulley wheels too as a why the hell not, type of transaction

The Enduro bearings for the T47 are the same bearings that the BB90 uses FYI,