Old 06-01-22, 08:05 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
Wow, am I ever ugly......

Had my wife snap some photos of me on my road-bike in an "aero" position to see what I could improve on, but unfortunately I don't have the millions of dollars for the elective surgery to turn me into a young, average-sized, proportional and athletic human. I look like an old turkey or octopus sitting on the bike, long skinny arms and legs, the biggest part being the torso and nose, unspectacular posture.Kind of like a bald Conan O'Brien but much less handsome, older and with less muscle tone. My poor wife. No, I can not post these photos, sorry to keep that laugh from you.

The worst part is I can't imagine contorting, beating and twisting what I saw into a form close to what the photos of top road-racers and time-trialists have on a bike, a task comparable with making mashed potatoes out of carpet remnants or wrenches.

I guess photos from the front are next, maybe they will look better and I can forget about the side shots and tell myself that it is the frontal area that counts no matter what the side looks like. I guess that will let me sleep tonight then, after I put the military-grade hard-disk eraser into my desktop and let it run until dawn.