Old 10-07-22, 05:20 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Attilio
It really depends on the bike lane but for the most part despite being an avid cyclist I am totally against them. They are solutions in search of a problem though of by do-gooder types that end up ruining the great American roads for basically every party involved, cars, bicycles, pedestrians, local businesses and their patrons. The only benefit they have is getting federal funds for a given town and making the local useful idiots feel better about themselves in their misguided attempts to "change the world". It's obvious none of these dum dums know anything about cycling.

I avoid them like the plague. If that angers motorists that is a good thing because they vote and anything I can do to sabotage cycling rights, if that is definesd as ruining more of our roads for this stupidity, it's only a good thing. The fact that these bike lane monstrosities are so unpopular, met with such negative reaction, and constantly empty at the cost of huge oceans of red lights in one or two lanes along what used to be a pretty free flowing 4 lane road tells you everything about what a stupid idea they are.

Again, you are obviously unaware of a lot of places where the lanes are extremely popular among cyclists. You have your weird political agenda, but I won't grant you that anything you say in that post is even close to being universally true.

If the concern is really not narrowing the roads, get rid of center city on-street parking.