Old 01-04-23, 09:50 PM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Viich
Dude - people ski to work in the winter here. There is nothing special about XC ski trails, they're the same trails I bike on. On thing is that you are going to want to take your skis off to cross roads. If you don't get deep enough snow for skiing where you live, then the comparison obviously doesn't work

I've done autox / solo 2 - XC skiing is nothing like that. I can kind of get your comparison with downhill skiing, though certainly much less so than auto racing.
Originally Posted by Kapusta
That is because you don't understand XC skiing and refuse to listen to those that do.
Originally Posted by prj71
Jeepers...Lots of A.D.D going with your posts.

Anyway...15 minutes from my house are fat bike trails, snow shoe trails, and XC ski trails. Season pass is $25. All located in a county forest with no resorts around. i wouldn't call that significant travel and expenditure.

You don't know what you are talking about.
I know exactly what I am talking about and am listening. I used example of autocross and high performance driving as something with ongoing high expense that requires long distance to do, much the opposite of any kind of cycling which anyone can do from their house. The difference is in point of view because it is apparent that you all live in areas where XC skiing is accessible whereas most people including myself don't and would get a lot more use from year round riding of a fat bike.