Old 01-17-23, 04:09 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
Wanting all businesses to be required to have bike racks outside is pretty much asking for more government overreach. And not all businesses get bike traffic do they? While I would appreciate a bike rack outside a couple of businesses I occasionally ride my bike to, I don't want the city mandating them. And as a business owner that bikes, I don't even have a rack outside of the building I own as I doubt none of the employees or clients would ever use them.

I don't think more bike racks are a bad thing. My favorite coffee shop I ride to has one and I wish the brewery I like had one. But any government be it local, state or federal shouldn't be involved in making it happen.
Interesting. As I read the o.p. I did not hear any wish for government overreach in their rant. But you did. And that is why we are #doomed. We know what is the right thing but we don't want enforcement. No enforcement (government) = anarchy. I'm not sure what is so wrong with a little supervision. We need it. We are #doomed without it.
Likes For Leisesturm: