View Single Post
Old 01-17-23, 05:50 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6958 Post(s)
Liked 10,959 Times in 4,686 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I definitely like the Pirellis, and my confidence in their ability to hook up in the dirt continues to grow. My wheels seem pretty bulletproof, but that's usually the case until the moment they aren't.

Those WTBs look interesting, but I'm curious how efficiently they roll on pavement with the center block spacing they have. That weight is attractive, though. That would knock about a 1/2 lb. of rotating weight off my bike. My bike originally had Riddler 37s on it, which seemed pretty decent, but weren't tubeless, so they got replaced with the Pirellis.

I'm new enough to gravel riding that I'm still figuring out many of my personal preferences through experimentation. Because of this, I will probably try the IRCs just because they are a different flavor than the Pirellis, instead of just being a variation of the same flavor.
The Vulpines roll very well on pavement and dry gravel and dirt roads...Very fast. They likely wouldn't be good in the mud, but I don't ride in those conditions very often.

I've tried the Riddler 37s (tubeless), and...meh. They're okay, but don't really do anything very well. Too skinny for me, too.

I'll be interested to hear your impressions of the IRCs; they look interesting.
Likes For Koyote: