View Single Post
Old 12-09-18, 01:11 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
I prefer homemade chilli oil. Just take some oil and heat it up with star anise, Sichuan peppercorns and maybe some other dry spices. Basically not super hot but till you see bubbles form around a wooden chopstick and then remove any bits from the oil , then pour over some chili flakes (preferably Chinese or Korean), crushed garlic (be generous), a little bit of salt, some black vinegar (if you have some just a teaspoon) and some sesame oil that you have in a ceramic or glass bowl (something that can handle heat). Stir it up really well and let it cool and enjoy on everything. The beauty is you can customize it to your tastes so if you like a lot of garlic add more if you want a little citrus kick add some orange peel or you can add ginger or galangal. It is super tasty and way way better than buying the pre-jarred stuff at the supermarket (or Asian market) plus it looks really cool when you pour the oil in. I store mine in the fridge in a nice glass jar.