Old 05-05-21, 04:43 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 629 Times in 472 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
You might be thinking of Vaughters retelling the story of when Dan Martin won LBL, he called the CEO of Garmin and told him the team had won a Monument, to which said CEO asked if it was a qualifier for the TdF. https://www.cyclingnews.com/features...-their-weight/
Yes that's got to be it! Interesting article and perspective - in another thread I agreed with Vaughters changing attitude on sponsorship. Morton was more influential to me with his alternative program then on the road. He's done some cool races that I could actually do as well. Him and Stetina, King. I haven't kept up with Phinney's art...
Originally Posted by slcbob
Sometimes there are too many non sprint stage points in the points competition and the maglia ciclimina goes to a non-sprinter. Not just a Sagan / Matthews type but a real GCish all rounder guy. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens this year.

Originally Posted by Wildwood
Is there a strongest team to dominate this year?
Maybe, the final time trial will determine which climber best recovers after 8 summit stage finishes.
Speaking of time trials, whoever wins the first TT should be able to hold the pink jersey until stage 6 yes? Six being the first mountains stage.