Old 10-02-21, 08:59 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
No, I am in love with its frame and overall compact look. I like how its rear wheel carves into the seat post and how the fork is wide and flat, which is all aerodynamics but I can't say that I need it. I ride for pleasure and like to go fast but given that I have never raced and didn't bike very seriously in my later life, my performance is simply not there. But the bike feels good fit even now that I moved clips all the way forward. There is not that much travel in them anyway and I while I didn't explicitly check if the pedal axle is below my foot ball, it felt OK in my one hour ride today. It was on city trails, mixed with a bit of city roads. I have yet to see how it does on open roads for real riding.

I was joking when I said you are meant to suffer on TT bikes but that's what pro racers say about these bikes. It is like sports car, the more serious sports car it is, the less comfort it gives in every way.
I admit the bars are not very comfortable. They are not made for city road/trail riding since you can't really go down into those elbow rests, there is way too many bumps, people and even cars around and you hardly get up to speed for any amount of time. Can't wait to get back to EU where I ride on small and smooth roads between villages where I meet very few vehicles and roads are smooth, that is relative to this city broken roads, even trails are poor which is surprising, in the area within my reach anyway (midtown Toronto). It is mostly for people jogging or out with their dogs.