View Single Post
Old 03-04-22, 02:51 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 666 Posts
Here are two sources of inexpensive forks for your Viscount @noglider . I was looking for a Tange, since that is what Yamaha provided as the recall replacement, but didn't find it with my search. I was also looking for chrome to keep the same look as original or with the replacement fork. My Lambert has a Tange chrome replacement fork.

Ebay Chrome fork for 27" wheels

Modern Bike chrome Sunlite 27" fork

Since the ebay fork is used, it's steerer has been cut to fit an existing bike, but it may not be tall enough for your frame. I bought a Sunlight fork for my Cannondale a while back at it seems good. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

I know the type 3 forks are the best of the series, and some have said that they are quite good. I would be concerned about riding it unless I know what the failure mode was, it was something that occurred over time, can be monitored and I can easily check the fork before each ride. If any one of those things were an issue, then I would retire the fork.