jajacek

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL3, Specialized Tarmac SL4, Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
brawlo topflightpro carleton
Here is some update a year later.
My son started in 3 km Individual Pursuit for the first time ever (though he raced 2 km two years ago) on European Championships and placed 7th. Time 3:17.490
He placed 4th in Elimination Race

His bike setup:
Fuji Track Pro frame, with some 3T basebar (not sure which one, haven't seen it yet, given by national team coach) and Deda Jet Two aerobars, that he uses for road TT.
We want to beat national 3km Junior IP record by the end of the year during nationals. The record is 3:15.056

He was riding Campagnolo Ghibli during the IP effort.

The question is, what should we do to improve his setup? I wasn't there and had no control over position, components and so.
I worked on his position on the road ITT and he won National Championships riding 49 km/h over 23 km @347W and CdA of 0.190 according to my Windsock
He had optimized chain waxed with Molten Speed Wax and very good setup on ITT, though on 2014 Shiv TT.

I know nothing about track chains and track chainrings. What is the fastest track chain?
We have Rotor Aldhu crank 170 mm in his track bike. We will swap the crank arms for 165 that worked great in his TT bike and see how it goes.
Out national team skinsuit hasn't been tested by us on the velodrome yet. We will do some skinsuit testing with Notio on the velodrome.
Our national team rides Argon track bikes in U23 and Elite category. Are you able to estimate how much faster are they compared to Fuji?