View Single Post
Old 01-02-17, 10:29 AM
Paul Braithwait

Location: Carlisle, in England's Lake District, just a few miles south of the border with Scotland.

Bikes: A Bianchi C2C road bike, a steel framed touring bike and a Xootr Swift folder which has made the rest redundant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Did a short ride today - 12 miles - and was really shocked at how much of an effort it was. I'm 66 years old and my last ride was back in October of last year. I thought that semi-retirement would mean more time on the bike but somehow life got in the way. Children and their children took up time as did my part time job and last year seemed to be full of family illness and funerals. Not having a routine meant scheduling ride time was near impossible. Oh, and the weather was awful and seemed to coincide with my time to ride!

This year I plan to ride more frequently. Even short rides on a regular basis will keep my fitness levels up so that I can actually enjoy cycling! Today's ride was fine (as far as it went) in sub zero temperatures but along a traffic free cycle route near my home. 2017 - bring it on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1050926 (800x450).jpg (97.4 KB, 46 views)