View Single Post
Old 05-12-20, 06:02 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
I just can't figure out how you know if a car approaching from the rear is going to hit you or Not hit you?

​​​​​After reading this thread the thing I'm most thankful for is Not having to ride on a MUP. By y'all's post it sounds like there's a lot of jerks on them both with and Without earbuds.
We kinda have MUP, but I only use it when pulling my daughter in a trailer/buggy. And it's not congested, mostly Walker's on it. Actually it's Waco river walk. I don't use earbuds then.
When I ride I'm training, for a race, for fitness. I Love riding and thoroughly enjoy it but I don't ride to enjoy nature, or be alone with my thoughts or any of that type of stuff. I'm just not there yet...maybe one day.
If I want to get in nature I run or hike in our Cameron Park trails or country roads. Nothing gives you the lay of the land like walking, running, or hiking thru Hill and Dale.
Music is such a good part of a lot of things I do like reading, hitting the heavy bag, weight training, driving, relaxing or watching TV. Can you imagine watching a Movie with no music to set the tone? So I listen to music when I train on the bike or off. It just adds to the enjoyment it doesn't detract from it.
Finally, where I ride, it's four miles then I'm out of traffic. My main concern is distracted drivers. I'm not concerned when I wear earbuds that I can't hear cars at at their full roaring Volume. But Hey, to each his own.
This.