Old 07-26-20, 08:20 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
You don't need 1,000 plus lumen strobing light for the front during the day, that's absurd! All I have is a 400 lumen and on strobe I can very easily and quickly see it from a block away. In addition to that, you have more control as to what is happening coming at you from the front and can take precautionary measures if needed.

I do however agree in the rear you need 300 lumens to show up real well, and those cobb type of LED lights do not show up in broad daylight, direct sunlight for some reason washes the cobb lights right out.

During the day I use the Lezyne Hecto Drive 400XL on the front on the bar on strobe; and a NiteRider Omega 300 tail light connected to the saddle bag on flash mode.

Extra credit: At night I put the Lezyne on my helmet with the strobe mode, and add a Phillips Saferide 80 on the bar on steady (well, it only has steady); I then add a NR Sentry Aero 260 on the rear of the helmet on alternating flash (alt flash is the side lights alternate with the rear facing light), and put the NR 300 on steady.