View Single Post
Old 04-12-22, 12:47 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard

I take you for you word that when you filter, you don't stack traffic up behind you. This guy was going to stack traffic up behind him Unless he could ride at 35 MPH or unless he was going to pull off of the road to let traffic vent. I have my doubts that he'd do either.
I ride FRAP so I wouldn't filter if there is no room to the right, I would get into the lane wherever I was. I guess that's the equivalent of taking my place in line. Filtering up at an intersection and taking my position at about the lead driver's 1:00 is how I deal with the FRAP right hook danger. I put myself where I know the driver can see me, and I have enough of a head start that I'm past the intersection before the driver can do a right turn. Only then will I go to the right to allow the passing. I think where we're getting crossed up is that you equated filtering up with obstructing more drivers, and I use it to the opposite effect.