View Single Post
Old 11-23-22, 11:30 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog34
"I have a hard time believing that the nearest possibility is The Phillipenes."

..... unless the person posting that location is also IN THE PHILIPPINES or nearby.. :-D
The OP used the term "kerbstone." This lead me to believe that not only was the OP in a location that not only had that spelling, but also in a location that kerbstone was also part of the vernacular.

North America would use the term "curb."
Australia and nearby New Zealand would use "kerb."
We have very few posters from Russia, Africa, South America, or Antarctica here on the forum. So, the OP originating from those regions of the world is unlikely.
There remains the rare possibility that English language influenced India or South Africa may be a possible location but also equally unlikely.
Asian origin doesn't fit the "kerbstone" and the speech syntax of the post is that of a native English speaker. Switching language systems is hard. For a variety of reasons, including personal vulnerability, a question, especially one concerning great personal cost, would most likely be asked on a forum that caters to the OP's native language.

This leaves the possibility the OP must be of well Englished European origin & comfortable enough to ask a question in their non-native language. From all that, I deduced the OP is most likely from within one of the 4 countries that comprise Great Britain. Specifically, I guessed England for no particular reason.
I therefore tailored my answer to that end.

Between Darimo, Carbon-Ti, Ax-Lightness (and their parent company Beno,) THM and several others, odds are there is a lot of expertise in the European Union. Bike components is but one facet of the entire carbon fiber manufacturing industry for which there is often knowledge spillover as workers cycle in & out of various employers. Both of these factors combined with the considerable amount of trade & migration between the EU & the posters deduced country of origin work support my conclusion:

The OP has a good chance of finding the expertise he needs within a 1000 mile radius. No need to ship the bike frame to the other side of the planet. Further, the nations of Great Britain have embraced cycling whole-heartedly. I'll wager repair services are available within 100k radius. It could probably be hand delivered to the repair facility if he/she/they asked around a bit.

For the particularly observant, you'll no doubt take note that I didn't touch various socio-economic wealth factors that would determine the likelihood of even owning a carbon frame bicycle in the first place much less having it repaired. It simply wasn't necessary for this exercise. It's a safe bet the OP is in the upper portion of the global wealth distribution; Ruling out The Philippines. (<------ maddog34 Good catch on the spelling, BTW. )

Op: How'd I do?

Last edited by base2; 11-23-22 at 12:51 PM.
Likes For base2: