Old 11-23-22, 10:35 PM
giemsa

Bikes: 2016 Scott Speedster CX 10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
They did used to run periodic "cycling enforcements" here in Sacramento. Stop signs and bike lane violations were the favorite citations. It's been years since the local constabulary has done this, though. I, myself, was involved in an advocacy effort here to put an end to it. But I guess it could come back, under a different city administration. Mostly, I think it's just easier to take whatever share the county gets from red light camera tickets, which rolls in automatically, and requires no personnel for enforcement. Both county and city cops here have been pretty short on numbers for the past 5-6 years at least.
Thanks, how did you run the advocacy to end it?

Originally Posted by Iride01
Don't read too much into the conspiracy theory you are suggesting.
Turns out I just found this article dated May 25, 2022 entitled "City of San Mateo exploring tax increases: Higher property transfer and sales taxes under consideration by city council" ... "San Mateo is considering introducing a ballot measure ... to raise revenue for city infrastructure projects. 'Unfortunately, we are so limited in our power to generate revenue,' Councilmember Joe Goethals said. 'These are the only opportunities, and I worry about those shortfalls that are around the corner.'" Since I can't post links you can Google it. On other boards there are recent threads about BS fines near San Mateo too. I'd say these facts are supportive of the conjecture

Last edited by giemsa; 11-23-22 at 11:18 PM.