skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by themp
A few comments I have. "particularly for vulnerable people" I agree wholeheartedly on this. And this should have been the rule when COVID mutated. At this point in the game, only vulnerable people should be getting vaccinated and boosted. The only thing they can say now for the vaccination/boosted is that it will reduce the severity.

The anti-virals are very questionable as we have seen many people get a rebound infection that is worst than the original. When I got COVID and I am 70 years old, my doctor said you have a period of time to get the anti-viral but if you feel like you are handling the infection then do not do it. The doctor letting me make the decision again points to not understanding how the anti-virals work in the population.

Finally, my son works for a company that still requires new hires to get vaccinated. But they do not require a booster of any kind. I find this really bizarre and makes no sense to me. The mRNA vaccine being used is the first time this has been used to such a large scale. So, it is very normal for the average person to look at this and say you want me to get boosted every six months and I am under 50 years of age and healthy. No thanks. And then you want my children to be under the same protocol every six months. No thanks.

I wish some of the things described here were done during the pandemic, but that was not the case:

https://gbdeclaration.org/focused-protection/
FYI: The shingles vaccine in also an mRNA-type vaccine and its been in use longer than the COVID vaccine. I had it earlier this year. Just like the COVID vaccine its two doses, but about two months apart. And just like COVID I had mild reactions to the shots both times that lasted about 24-36 hours. But I consider that a 'win' as my brother had shingles earlier this year and it was six weeks of randomly located itchy rashes and 'stabbing' pain.

Last edited by skidder; 12-06-22 at 04:14 PM.